6 Tips for Healthy Legs
- Regular physical activity, such as hiking, yoga, and walking builds muscles that are important for upright posture. It boosts the metabolism, prevents illness, helps you lose weight, and is good for the heart and blood vessels. If you don't have the time to do sports or rigorous exercise, simply try to modify your everyday behavior in small ways. Ride your bike to work or get off the bus earlier and walk the rest of the way. Park your car a little way from the office. Use the stairs instead of the elevator.
#2: Cool down
- After a long tiring day, especially during the summer, revitalize your legs with a cool shower or bath. Avoid extended exposure to heat from sunbathing, hot baths, and saunas -- excessive heat will cause your veins to dilate and may induce swelling.
#3: Elevate your legs
- To boost your body’s natural circulation, elevate your legs while you are sitting on the sofa or lying in bed at home. At the office, keep a leg rest under your desk.
#4: Control your weight
- When you manage your weight with healthy diet and regular exercise, you are less likely to have leg symptoms, such as swelling. If you continue to struggle with your weight even though you're eating well and exercising, talk to your doctor.
#5: Quit smoking
- Smoking harms almost every organ of your body and increases the risk of developing varicose veins and associated complications, such as leg ulcers.
#6: Wear compression hosiery
- Wear compression socks or stockings, especially in risky situations like long travel or immobilization. We have a wide range of compression products designed to fit your lifestyle, no matter where the day takes you. These products can help improve your blood circulation, increase your energy, and aid in keeping your legs healthy overall.